Learn about parametric methods.
- [Instructor] Let's talk about…parametric correlation analysis.…Parametric correlation analysis…is a method you can use to find correlation…between linearly related continuous numeric variables.…Don't worry if you don't exactly understand what that means…I'm going to show you how to figure that out in a minute.…First I want to explain one important…point about correlation.…Correlation does not imply causation.…Let me explain.…Imagine you're an Ophthalmologist…studying regional obesity trends.…
You have two data sets.…One on store size reported by zip code,…and two on national obesity prevalence,…broken down by zip codes.…In the course of your investigation…you apply the Pearson correlation method,…that's the method I'm about to show you,…and you find that there is a…very strong positive correlation…between grocery store size and obesity.…The bigger the grocery stores…the more obesity there tends to be.…Of course, the size of the store doesn't cause the obesity,…but they are correlated.…
And that correlation is quantifiable…
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Getting started with Jupyter Notebooks
- Visualizing data: basic charts, time series, and statistical plots
- Preparing for analysis: treating missing values and data transformation
- Data analysis basics: arithmetic, summary statistics, and correlation analysis
- Outlier analysis: univariate, multivariate, and linear projection methods
- Introduction to machine learning
- Basic machine learning methods: linear and logistic regression, Naïve Bayes
- Reducing dataset dimensionality with PCA
- Clustering and classification: k-means, hierarchical, and k-NN
- Simulating a social network with NetworkX
- Creating Plot.ly charts
- Scraping the web with Beautiful Soup
Skill Level Beginner
1. Data Munging Basics
2. Data Visualization Basics
3. Basic Math and Statistics
4. Dimensionality Reduction
Explanatory factor analysis6m 39s
5. Outlier Analysis
6. Cluster Analysis
7. Network Analysis with NetworkX
8. Basic Algorithmic Learning
9. Web-based Data Visualizations with Plotly
10. Web Scraping with Beautiful Soup
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.