- [Instructor] In this chapter,…we're going to learn about the logging features…available in Python and why you would want to use them.…Logging is an important tool…in the development process…because it enables your code…to record events as the program executes…for later analysis.…You can think of logging as sort of like…the black box of an airplane.…It's always recording data about how things are functioning.…And if something unexpected happens,…you can use the log to help diagnose…the issue in your program.…
It's also not always possible or feasible…to use a regular debugger…to step through your program's code…to help analyze and solve problems in real time.…For example, the code might be running on a remote server,…making it difficult to debug locally.…In addition, some kinds of errors and issues…only happen on occasion during the program's lifetime.…Logging makes it easy to categorized various events…that occur while your program executes,…which can help when you're trying to track down…the origin of a problem.…
- Truth value testing
- Template strings
- Advanced Python functions
- Advanced collections
- Advanced classes and objects
- Python comprehensions: list, dictionary, and set
Skill Level Advanced
1. Python Language Features
2. Built-In Functions
3. Advanced Python Functions
4. Advanced Collections
5. Advanced Classes and Objects
6. Using Logging
7. Python Comprehensions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.