Join Michele Vallisneri for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview: Writing Python efficiently, part of Python: Programming Efficiently.
- [Instructor] In this chapter, I will give you many examples of how you can write Python code that is brief, clear, beautiful, and fast. A short, efficient code that you can write efficiently. This is, perhaps, Python's secret weapon, that beauty and efficiency can so often be united in terse and expressive code. And this is surely one of the reasons why Python programmers report very high satisfaction in their day-to-day work. We will begin by comparing the expressiveness of Python and C.
We will continue by discussing Python's powerful iterators, the related concepts of comprehensions and generators, and the enhanced objects in the collection module. We will work through several examples of refactoring code to make it more Pythonic, and we will discuss what this means. It would take much more than this short course to cover all the aspects of writing Python efficiently, but I trust that this chapter will show you what is possible, and will teach you what you should look for in your further learning and practice.
- Designing efficient loops
- Exploiting Python collections
- Writing Pythonic code
- Choosing the best libraries for your tasks
- Downloading webpages with requests
- Parsing HTML with Beautiful Soup
- Manipulating images with Pillow
- Making videos and drawing on maps with matplotlib
- Serving webpages with Jinja2 and Flask
- Working with Python classes
- Taking advantage of functional techniques
- Profiling CPU and memory use
- Exploiting parallelism
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Python Web Penetration Testingwith Christian Martorella2h 49m Intermediate
1. Installation and Setup
Jupyter notebooks3m 19s
2. Writing Python Efficiently
3. Exploiting Python Libraries
4. Advanced: Python Object-Oriented and Functional Programming
5. Introduction to Performance Optimization in Python
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.