The aim of this video is to use the OpenGL library and then enhancing its appearance.
- [Instructor] In the previous video,…we saw how PyOpenGL transforms our GUI.…In this video, we'll make 3D GUIs.…We will create our own GUI, using WXPython.…We'll also use bitmaps to make it pretty.…We're re-using some code from the WXPython demo examples,…which we reduced to the minimum code required…to display OpenGL in 3D.…OpenGL is a very large library.…
We will not go into detailed explanations…of this library.…There are a lot of books and online documentation available…if you want to study OpenGL further.…It even has it's own Shading Language.…Watching the previous video is probably good preparation…for this video as the entire Python code…is a little bit long here.…We will show just a little bit of the code.…The entire code is available online.…And this Python module is called wxPython_OpenGL_GUI.py.…
When we run the code, our wxPython GUI gets created.…When we click the button widget,…a second window appears, which displays the cube.…We can now use the mouse to turn the cube around…to see all of its six sides.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.