Join Jungwoo Ryoo for an in-depth discussion in this video Other qualities, part of Python: Design Patterns.
- The use of design patterns also promote…the Other ideal Qualities of software,…such as completeness and correctness.…Completeness refers to: how much does a software solution…meets its requirement?…Since design patterns are community-driven,…and they are validated with respect to…the desired requirements,…you can safely assume that the baseline requirements…are met by them.…However, one thing to note is that…design patterns are intentionally under-defined…to allow potential customization, and extension efforts.…
Correctness is another important quality…of well-developed software.…If the software produces incorrect results,…although it does most of what it is expected to do,…it is still problematic, since the error can lead to…catastrophic results, such as loss of human lives,…and monetary loss.…This Correctness quality is especially important…in Mission-critical systems, such as power plants,…and water-treatment facilities.…
Coupling and Cohesion are also what design patterns address.…Coupling means how much different elements…
- Understanding design patterns
- Best design practices: consistency, completeness, and correctness
- Working with creational patterns
- Working with structural patterns
- Working with behavioral patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the strategy pattern example, why does the code keep executing the default function rather than the alternate?
A: The programming demonstration skips the step of defining what the strategy pattern should be when an alternate function name is provided
as an argument as shown below.
1. Understanding Design Patterns
2. Creational Patterns
3. Structural Patterns
4. Behavioral Patterns
5. Design Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.