Join Michele Vallisneri for an in-depth discussion in this video Object-oriented and functional Python, part of Python: Programming Efficiently.
- [Instructor] Different programming languages…allow or encourage different programming paradigms.…These are the most commonly used and discussed.…In procedural programming, you write a list of instructions…that tells the computer the steps it has to follow.…Procedural languages include C, the value style of BASIC,…assembly language, chair scripts, and certainly Python.…In object-oriented programming, you write code…to manipulate a collection of objects.…
The objects have a state, that is, they hold data members,…and they have behaviors, that is, they have methods…that can be called for an object.…Java and Smalltalk are strongly object-oriented.…C++ and Python allow, but do not require,…object-oriented programming.…As we will see, however, objects can be a…very powerful way to organize a program.…In functional languages,…you formulate your program not through…variations on objects, but rather through…the flow of data between functions.…
So here, functions are more important than objects.…Haskell and ML are strongly functional.…
- Designing efficient loops
- Exploiting Python collections
- Writing Pythonic code
- Choosing the best libraries for your tasks
- Downloading webpages with requests
- Parsing HTML with Beautiful Soup
- Manipulating images with Pillow
- Making videos and drawing on maps with matplotlib
- Serving webpages with Jinja2 and Flask
- Working with Python classes
- Taking advantage of functional techniques
- Profiling CPU and memory use
- Exploiting parallelism
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Python Web Penetration Testingwith Christian Martorella2h 49m Intermediate
1. Installation and Setup
Jupyter notebooks3m 19s
2. Writing Python Efficiently
3. Exploiting Python Libraries
4. Advanced: Python Object-Oriented and Functional Programming
5. Introduction to Performance Optimization in Python
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.