Learn about on-parametric methods.
- [Narrator] Let's talk about nonparametric…correlation analysis.…You can use nonparametric correlation analysis…to find correlation between categorical,…non-linearly related, non-normally distributed variables.…For an example of where nonparametric…correlation analysis could be useful,…imagine you're a social scientist…that studies smoking habits.…You use a nonparametric correlation analysis method…like Spearman's rank to test a population…for a correlation between income as a bracket,…and cigarette consumption of smokers.…
You find that higher income individuals…are much more likely to smoke more cigarettes…than lower income people.…I'm about to show you how to use Spearman's rank…correlation and chi-square tables to establish…correlation between categorical variables.…The Spearman's rank correlation method…works on ordinal variables.…In case you don't know what that is,…an ordinal variable is a numeric variable…that's able to be categorized.…The Spearman's rank method converts ordinal variables…into variable pairs and then calculates an R correlation…
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Getting started with Jupyter Notebooks
- Visualizing data: basic charts, time series, and statistical plots
- Preparing for analysis: treating missing values and data transformation
- Data analysis basics: arithmetic, summary statistics, and correlation analysis
- Outlier analysis: univariate, multivariate, and linear projection methods
- Introduction to machine learning
- Basic machine learning methods: linear and logistic regression, Naïve Bayes
- Reducing dataset dimensionality with PCA
- Clustering and classification: k-means, hierarchical, and k-NN
- Simulating a social network with NetworkX
- Creating Plot.ly charts
- Scraping the web with Beautiful Soup
Skill Level Beginner
1. Data Munging Basics
2. Data Visualization Basics
3. Basic Math and Statistics
4. Dimensionality Reduction
Explanatory factor analysis6m 39s
5. Outlier Analysis
6. Cluster Analysis
7. Network Analysis with NetworkX
8. Basic Algorithmic Learning
9. Web-based Data Visualizations with Plotly
10. Web Scraping with Beautiful Soup
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.