- [Michele] Thank you for staying with me…through some rather challenging material.…Within the vast landscape of statistical techniques,…I chose a few examples that should be useful…to you as you're learning statistics,…and that would show you the power of Python…and of its best libraries.…The following are a few resources…that can help you learn more.…If you're interested in more techniques…for handling data with Python,…you can start with my course Python: Data Analysis.…If you want to be more fluent and efficient in Python,…you can look in my course Python: Programming Efficiently.…
There are many excellent introductory…textbooks on statistics, one that I especially liked…is Statistical Modeling: A Fresh Approach by David Kaplan.…For a higher level view of the statistician's mindset,…I recommend Hans Rosling's gapminder.org.…In this course, I used pandas as a Matplotlib…for visualization.…The first is very quick, the second very customizable.…However, there are powerful and beautiful alternatives,…plotnine implements the grammar…
- Installing and setting up Python
- Importing and cleaning data
- Visualizing data
- Describing distributions and categorical variables
- Using basic statistical inference and modeling techniques
- Bayesian inference
Skill Level Intermediate
R Statistics Essential Trainingwith Barton Poulson5h 59m Intermediate
SPSS Statistics Essential Trainingwith Barton Poulson4h 57m Beginner
1. Installation and Setup
2. Importing and Cleaning Data
3. Visualizing and Describing Data
4. Introduction to Statistical Inference
5. Introduction to Statistical Modeling
Next steps1m 55s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.