Join Michele Vallisneri for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Python: Programming Efficiently.
- Thank you for sticking with me…through some very challenging material.…I chose it to show you how to take advantage…of Python's core features and the best third party packages…to help you code more efficiently.…These are some resources that can help you.…I recommend Code Clinic: Python by Barron Stone,…which focuses on solving problems.…If you are interested in working with data,…you can start with my course,…Introduction to Data Analysis with Python.…You can find answers to any questions about Python…in it's excellent documentation website…and in the online forums.…
I use Python every day and it makes me happy…because I find that I'm able…to express my ideas clearly and easily in my problems.…Every day I feel that I'm progressing…on the road to mastery.…I hope the same will be true for you.…If you keep looking out for opportunities…to learn as you make, you will be assisted by the care…and inspiration that have been poured…into the design and growth of the language.…So go out and have fun.…
- Designing efficient loops
- Exploiting Python collections
- Writing Pythonic code
- Choosing the best libraries for your tasks
- Downloading webpages with requests
- Parsing HTML with Beautiful Soup
- Manipulating images with Pillow
- Making videos and drawing on maps with matplotlib
- Serving webpages with Jinja2 and Flask
- Working with Python classes
- Taking advantage of functional techniques
- Profiling CPU and memory use
- Exploiting parallelism
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Installation and Setup
Jupyter notebooks3m 19s
2. Writing Python Efficiently
3. Exploiting Python Libraries
4. Advanced: Python Object-Oriented and Functional Programming
5. Introduction to Performance Optimization in Python
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.