- The value of personal characteristics such as emotional intelligence
- Demonstrating soft skills such as collaboration and problem-solving
- Common steps in the technical interview process
- Object-oriented programming
- Common sorting and searching algorithms
- Using a problem-solving framework for coding challenges
Skill Level Beginner
- [Erin] Do you feel overwhelmed by all the things you think you need to study in order to feel prepared for your next technical interviewer? You are not alone. Some software engineers spin their wheels by spending time studying concepts that don't appear frequently in interviews. Other engineers put off applying for jobs all together until they feel they know how to code ever data structure, every sorting algorithm, and every searching algorithm. The secret to success in technical interviewing though is to understand concepts well and to be able to sensibly implement them rather than memorize code for every single one. In this course I help you focus your preparation strategy by sharing a mix of personal qualities, specific communication skills, and computer science knowledge that most interviewers are looking for. Every code based video includes a Python file, so you can study and learn from my own implementations as you progress through the course. Hi I'm Erin Allard and I'm a software engineer with a huge appreciation for both the Python programming language and it's welcoming community. I'm passionate about helping other software engineers advance their careers by coaching them through the technical interviewing process. Join me in my LinkedIn Learning course to better understand the ins and outs of technical interviewing and how to use Python to communicate what you know during coding challenges.