Learn about the multivariate method for detecting outliers.
- You can use multivariate outlier detection methods…to identify outliers that emerge…from a combination of two or more variables.…There are many different multivariate methods…to detect outliers.…We're going to pick up where we left off…in the last section with the boxplots…and then I'm going to introduce…how to use scatterplot matrices to find outliers.…The first thing we'll look at is using boxplots.…For this coding demonstration we're going to need pandas.…We're also going to use matplotlib and seaborn.…So let's import all of those…and set the parameters…for data visualizations in this jupyter notebook.…
We'll copy in our standard parameters,…then, like in the last section,…we're going to use the iris.data set,…so I'll copy and paste that in.…And let's create now a boxplot from that same data set.…We're going to use seaborn so we'll call this…"seaborn's boxplot function,"…sb.boxplot,…and we'll say "x" is going to equal our 'species' column,…and "y" is going to be our 'sepal length' column.…Our data is the df data frame,…
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Getting started with Jupyter Notebooks
- Visualizing data: basic charts, time series, and statistical plots
- Preparing for analysis: treating missing values and data transformation
- Data analysis basics: arithmetic, summary statistics, and correlation analysis
- Outlier analysis: univariate, multivariate, and linear projection methods
- Introduction to machine learning
- Basic machine learning methods: linear and logistic regression, Naïve Bayes
- Reducing dataset dimensionality with PCA
- Clustering and classification: k-means, hierarchical, and k-NN
- Simulating a social network with NetworkX
- Creating Plot.ly charts
- Scraping the web with Beautiful Soup
Skill Level Beginner
1. Data Munging Basics
2. Data Visualization Basics
3. Basic Math and Statistics
4. Dimensionality Reduction
Explanatory factor analysis6m 39s
5. Outlier Analysis
6. Cluster Analysis
7. Network Analysis with NetworkX
8. Basic Algorithmic Learning
9. Web-based Data Visualizations with Plotly
10. Web Scraping with Beautiful Soup
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.