In this video, the author demonstrates how to manipulate images using the Pillow library. Learn about loading, resizing, deforming, tinting, merging, and displaying images.
- [Instructor] The web is all about visual impact,…but even scientific and engineering applications…often require handling, analyzing…and modifying images…encoded in many different formats.…A powerful, reliable library to do so,…is a must.…There once was such a library.…The beloved Python Imaging Library,…developed by a Swedish software company.…Unfortunately, development was halted in 2009.…Esures red flag,…as we discussed in the introduction to this chapter.…
Luckily, the library was resurrected…as the pillow project,…which is once again maintained…and developed vigorously.…That's what we'll use in this video,…to manipulate our images from Mars.…What we do, we'll give you only a slight taste…of what's possible with Pillow.…See the documentation for a lot more.…First, we actually need to download an image.…And, of course, we'll use requests.…Let me also import all the packages…used in this chapter.…And set the URL for the image of the Mars landscape…that we found in the last video.…
So we download with requests.…This is binary data.…
- Designing efficient loops
- Exploiting Python collections
- Writing Pythonic code
- Choosing the best libraries for your tasks
- Downloading webpages with requests
- Parsing HTML with Beautiful Soup
- Manipulating images with Pillow
- Making videos and drawing on maps with matplotlib
- Serving webpages with Jinja2 and Flask
- Working with Python classes
- Taking advantage of functional techniques
- Profiling CPU and memory use
- Exploiting parallelism
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Python Web Penetration Testingwith Christian Martorella2h 49m Intermediate
1. Installation and Setup
Jupyter notebooks3m 19s
2. Writing Python Efficiently
3. Exploiting Python Libraries
4. Advanced: Python Object-Oriented and Functional Programming
5. Introduction to Performance Optimization in Python
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.