- Avoiding common mistakes by leveraging a process
- How code reuse can save you time
- The proper directory structure for a Python project
- Efficient dependency management
- Various tests and when to use them
- How much to test
- Strategies for using source control
- Using an issue tracking system effectively
Skill Level Advanced
- [Miki] Russ Cox said, "Software engineering "is what happens to programming "when you add time and other programmers." As software developers, we rarely work alone. This means that apart from writing code, we spend our days coordinating with other developers. Hi, I'm Miki Tebeka and I'm going to share with you some recipes I've learned throughout more than 20 years of developing products with Python. Most of these methods are lightweight. They will help your team stay coordinated while allowing you to spend more time on what you love, writing Python.
Learning the Python 3 Standard Librarywith Kathryn Hodge2h 9m Intermediate
Efficient Python Production Workflowswith Miki Tebeka54m 20s Intermediate
1. Why Management Is Important
2. Directory Structure
3. Dependency Management
5. Development Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.