Join Miki Tebeka for an in-depth discussion in this video Mac setup, part of Data Science Foundations: Python Scientific Stack.
- [Instructor] So let's go ahead and install Anaconda. Head over to continuum.io This is the site of the company that is responsible for Anaconda. And click on the download Anaconda green button on the left. Once you click on the button, you will see an option for either operating system. Since we are on a Mac, we are going to click on the Apple button, and we are faced with another two options. One is the Python 3.6 option, and the other one is the Python 2.7. We are going to click on the Python 3.6 Graphical Installer and wait for the download to finish.
And you can get a nice cheat sheet from Anaconda about using Python and various other things, but we will click currently no thanks, we'll just wait for the download to be over. Once the download is done, head over to your downloads page. And I will click on the Anaconda package. And you will get through the usual install process, click continue, and then continue again, and again continue, agree to the license, and install just for you, continue, and then click on install.
And we will wait for the installation to finish. And that's it. Anaconda is installed and ready to use. You might want to check that it's already there, so we will open the application window. You see now that we have Anaconda Navigator. Double click on the Anaconda Navigator, and for the first time it will take a little bit of time to load, and we get for some reason, and older version of Anaconda. We will say that remind me later because we need to start working, and from here we can start working.
- Working with Jupyter notebooks
- Using code cells
- Extensions to the Python language
- Markdown cells
- Editing notebooks
- NumPy basics
- Broadcasting, array operations, and ufuncs
- Folium and Geo
- Machine learning with scikit-learn
- Plotting with matplotlib and bokeh
- Branching into Numba, Cython, deep learning, and NLP
Skill Level Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
1. Scientific Python Overview
2. The Jupyter Notebook
3. NumPy Basics
Manage environments5m 11s
6. Folium and Geo
7. NY Taxi Data
10. Other Packages
11. Development Process
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.