While you are "internationalized" to a particular country, you work according to your own time zone schedule. This is where localization is used. You can localize your GUI code.
- [Instructor] In the previous video,…we looked at changing the entire GUI language.…This video will discuss localizing our GUI.…In this video, we will convert the local time of the USA…in the USA West Coast to UTC,…and then display the USA East Coast time in our GUI.…After the first step of internationalizing our GUI,…the next step is to localize it.…Why would we wish to do this?…Well, we all live in different timezones around the world.…
So, while we are internationalized to a particular country,…we wake up in different timezones and do expect to eat…according to our own timezone schedule, don't we?…This is where localization comes in.…We are extending the GUI we developed…in the previous video by localizing it.…How do we do it?…We start by first installing…the Python pytz timezone module using Pip.…Let's open the command prompt and type pip install pytz.…
When successful, we'll get this result.…This shows that the command downloaded the .whl format.…If you have not done so,…you might have to install the Python Wheel module first.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.