Learn how to load a CSV in Pandas. You can learn how you can check data size before loading it to memory (both in pure Python and in shell commands). Learn how to get initial statistics and information on the loaded DataFrame.
- [Instructor] We're going to explore Pandas…by processing the log of one of my jogging sessions…to see how slow I run.…We're going to use the data found in track.csv.…You can access the file from the exercise files.…Let's start with what I called a first look at the data.…Pandas will load the whole CSV into memory.…It's a good idea to have a quick look at the data…to make sure we're not loading corrupted data,…or a file that's too big to fit in memory.…We'll talk later on what to do when the data…is too big to fit in memory.…The first thing I do is take a look at the size of the file.…
I'm going to do it both ways.…In the shell command, which work only on Macs…and Linux, and pure Python,…which works on all operating system.…Let's start a new notebook.…Click on new in Python 3,…and let's name this track.…If you remember, we said we can easily execute…shell commands from Jupyter.…Let's assign the name of the file to a variable.…In my case, I've extracted the exercise file…to my desktop.…So I write from os import path.…
- Working with Jupyter notebooks
- Using code cells
- Extensions to the Python language
- Markdown cells
- Editing notebooks
- NumPy basics
- Broadcasting, array operations, and ufuncs
- Folium and Geo
- Machine learning with scikit-learn
- Plotting with matplotlib and bokeh
- Branching into Numba, Cython, deep learning, and NLP
Skill Level Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
1. Scientific Python Overview
2. The Jupyter Notebook
3. NumPy Basics
Manage environments5m 11s
6. Folium and Geo
7. NY Taxi Data
10. Other Packages
11. Development Process
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.