Learn how to use linked lists in various languages so that you can use the data structure no matter what language you are programming in. Explore the intricacies of an ArrayList and how a data structure can provide an interface to hide implementation deta
- The word, list, has many different connotations…depending on the context and the language.…For example, in Java a list is not a data type,…but in Python it is.…Diving into Java first we can create…different types of lists in Java…with the list interface as a part of…the collection framework in the Java.util package.…Think of an interface as an abstract definition.…What that means is that you cannot create…a plain original list in Java,…but you can create objects that support the behavior…like an Array List or a Linked List.…
The Array List and Linked List live in the Java.util package…and we can import them into our code…in order to use them,…just like we did with Linked Lists,…which are doubly linked.…We won't dive too deep into Array List,…but the term Array List can definitely sound confusing.…Is it an array or is it a list?…Well, it's a little bit of both.…It's easy to iterate through…without using specific indexes…and that's a convenient behavior of a list.…Under the hood, it is stored as an array.…
Array Lists favor direct access…
- Data types: Booleans, numbers, strings, and more
- Multidimensional arrays
- Jagged arrays
- Search and sort arrays
- Linked lists
- Stacks and queues
- Hash functions and hash tables
- Trees and graphs
Skill Level Intermediate
Understand data structures1m 25s
1. Introduction to Data Structures
4. Stacks and Queues
5. Hash-Based Data Structures
6. Trees and Graphs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.