Learn how to apply the linear regression model.
- [Instructor] Linear regression is a simple machine…learning method that you can use to predict an observation's…value based on the relationship between the target…variable and independent, linearily related numeric…predictive features.…For example, image you have a dataset that describes…key characteristics of a set of homes.…Like land acreage, number of stories, building area…and sales price.…Based on these features, and the relationship with…the sales price of these homes, you could build a…multi variate linear model that predicts the price…a house can be sold for based on it's features.…
Linear regression is a statistical machine learning…method, and there are two different versions,…there's simple linear regression, where you have…one predictor and one predictant.…And multiple linear regression, that's where you have…multiple predictors and one predictant.…I'm going to show you how to do multiple linear regression…in the coding demonstration.…Popular use cases for linear regression include…sales forecasting, resource consumption forecasting,…
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Getting started with Jupyter Notebooks
- Visualizing data: basic charts, time series, and statistical plots
- Preparing for analysis: treating missing values and data transformation
- Data analysis basics: arithmetic, summary statistics, and correlation analysis
- Outlier analysis: univariate, multivariate, and linear projection methods
- Introduction to machine learning
- Basic machine learning methods: linear and logistic regression, Naïve Bayes
- Reducing dataset dimensionality with PCA
- Clustering and classification: k-means, hierarchical, and k-NN
- Simulating a social network with NetworkX
- Creating Plot.ly charts
- Scraping the web with Beautiful Soup
Skill Level Beginner
1. Data Munging Basics
2. Data Visualization Basics
3. Basic Math and Statistics
4. Dimensionality Reduction
Explanatory factor analysis6m 39s
5. Outlier Analysis
6. Cluster Analysis
7. Network Analysis with NetworkX
8. Basic Algorithmic Learning
9. Web-based Data Visualizations with Plotly
10. Web Scraping with Beautiful Soup
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.