Get started with Python, the popular and highly readable object-oriented language.
- [Instructor] The Python programming language has become one of the most popular languages in the world. And it's not hard to see why this has happened. Python has an easy to learn structure, it runs on multiple operating systems, both in the client and the cloud, and has a vast ecosystem of tools and libraries that address a large number of programming scenarios. Hi, I'm Joe Marini, and I've been building software professionally for some of the biggest companies in Silicon Valley for more than 30 years. In this course, you will get a hands-on introduction to the programming language. We'll start by seeing how to determine if Python is installed on your system and how to install it if it isn't already there. Next, we'll examine the basics of the language. Variables, loops, functions, classes and more. We'll also see how to build our first Python program in just a few lines of code. Then we'll move on to working with some of Python's built in high level data types such as dates, times, and files. And finally, we'll wrap up by taking advantage of Python's extensive library of pre-built modules to build advanced features like retrieving data from the internet and processing information such as HTML, XML, and JSON. If you're ready to start building the next generation of cross-platform applications that run on the client as well as the cloud, then let's get started learning Python.
- Installing Python
- Choosing an editor or IDE
- Working with variables and expressions
- Writing loops
- Using the date, time, and datetime classes
- Reading and writing files
- Fetching internet data
- Parsing and processing HTML