- Installing Python
- Choosing an editor or IDE
- Working with variables and expressions
- Writing loops
- Using the date, time, and datetime classes
- Reading and writing files
- Fetching internet data
- Parsing and processing HTML
Skill Level Beginner
- [Joe] Hi, I'm Joe Marini, and I'd like to welcome you to this course on learning Python. This course will give you an introduction to the Python programming language, a popular object-oriented language that's used in a variety of both client and cloud-based scenarios. We'll start by seeing how to determine if Python is installed on your system and how to install it if it isn't already there. Next, we'll examine the basics of the language, variables, loops, functions, classes and more. We'll also see how to build our first Python program in just a few lines of code.
Then we'll move on to working with some of Python's built-in high level datatypes, such as dates, times and files. Finally, we'll wrap up by taking advantage of Python's extensive library of prebuilt modules to build advanced features like retrieving data from the internet and processing information such as HTML, XML and JSON. If you're ready to start building the next generation of cross-platform applications that run in the cloud as well as on the client, then let's get started learning Python.