- Working with logical and comparison operators
- Getting a list of numbers with the range() and list() functions
- Using mathematical functions such as round(), abs(), and pow()
- Calculating a given input's length
- Importing and using the math module
- Reading a user's command-line arguments
- Getting the current time
- Formatting dates and times with datetime
- Creating a timer
- Using urllib to get content from the Internet
- Using the JSON module to decode content
Skill Level Intermediate
- Sometimes we try to create these complex algorithms without realizing how much is already built into the program we're using. Python is known for being concise and elegant. And in this course, I'm going to show you how to make writing Python code a little easier. Hi, I'm Kathryn Hodge, and I'm a software engineer who's super passionate about computer science. In Python Standard Libraries, we'll dive into the built-in functions, math modules, input output modules, and even get information from the internet with the HTTP module. I'm really excited to share this with you, so let's get started.
Learning the Standard PHP Librarywith David Powers3h 24m Intermediate
1. Python: What's Built-In?
2. Python: Math
3. Python: Input/Output
4. Python: Date & Time, HTML Parsing, and HTTP
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.