Learn how to do a regression with scikit-learn. You can look into loading the boston housing dataset and use a random forest regressor to predict house prices. You can also learn the common API most of scikit-learn modules share.
- [Instructor] We are going to run a regression…on Boston housing dataset.…Regression is the process…of learning to predict continuous values.…The Boston dataset comes with scikit-learn,…as well as several other datasets,…to help us learn and understand algorithms.…Let's start a new notebook.…If I click up on New,…Python three,…and we'll rename this, the notebook boston.…Now let's import.…From sklearn, this is how scikit-learn is imported,…dot datasets, we'll import load_boston.…
And then Boston is load_boston.…Let's see what we've loaded.…We'll use the built-in type…to see what's the type of Boston.…It's a bunch.…All toy datasets you are going to load from sklearn…comes as bunches,…and have common attributes.…Bunches also behave like Python dictionaries,…and this is how we're going to treat them.…So let's look inside the dictionary…and see boston.keys.…You'll see you have data target feature names…and description.…
Let's see what's in the data.…Type Boston data.…And this is a NumPy array,…which contains the features we'd like to learn from.…
- Working with Jupyter notebooks
- Using code cells
- Extensions to the Python language
- Markdown cells
- Editing notebooks
- NumPy basics
- Broadcasting, array operations, and ufuncs
- Folium and Geo
- Machine learning with scikit-learn
- Plotting with matplotlib and bokeh
- Branching into Numba, Cython, deep learning, and NLP
Skill Level Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
1. Scientific Python Overview
2. The Jupyter Notebook
3. NumPy Basics
Manage environments5m 11s
6. Folium and Geo
7. NY Taxi Data
10. Other Packages
11. Development Process
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.