In this video, learn how to write and run code using the Jupyter Notebook.
- [Instructor] There are different ways…to work with a scripting language, such as Python.…We can write programs in your text editor…and then run them from the system shell,…we can use a GUI, such as Pycharm,…which integrates editing and running,…but the way that I like best…and that we're going to use throughout the course,…is to use a notebook interface.…Specifically, the Jupyter Notebook,…which was previously known as the iPython Notebook.…In the notebook, you can write code, run it,…collect the output,…and even add comments all in the same document,…which you can then save and print.…
It's a very convenient way to both develop code…and use the code interactively.…Let's give it a try.…We start the Jupyter Notebook application…by typing, unsurprisingly,…jupyter notebook in the shell.…This opens a web browser…and we are presented with an interface…that lets us navigate through the file system.…Let me make this full screen.…If you have notebooks that you want to use,…as we shall do later with the exercise files,…
- Designing efficient loops
- Exploiting Python collections
- Writing Pythonic code
- Choosing the best libraries for your tasks
- Downloading webpages with requests
- Parsing HTML with Beautiful Soup
- Manipulating images with Pillow
- Making videos and drawing on maps with matplotlib
- Serving webpages with Jinja2 and Flask
- Working with Python classes
- Taking advantage of functional techniques
- Profiling CPU and memory use
- Exploiting parallelism
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Python Web Penetration Testingwith Christian Martorella2h 49m Intermediate
1. Installation and Setup
Jupyter notebooks3m 19s
2. Writing Python Efficiently
3. Exploiting Python Libraries
4. Advanced: Python Object-Oriented and Functional Programming
5. Introduction to Performance Optimization in Python
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.