- [Narrator] Since iterating over data…is such an important part of Python,…I'm going to include a discussion…of an important module here which is called Itertools.…Now this is not technically a set…of built in language functions, but they are part…of the standard library that comes with Python,…and they are incredibly useful for creating iterators…to handle a variety of common scenarios.…And to use them, you just need to import…the Itertools module.…So over in the code, I've got my Itertools…underscore start file open.…
At the top, I'll import Itertools, all right.…So let's take a loot at some of the more useful tools…in this module, and I'll start by demonstrating…a couple of infinite iterators, and these are iterators…that will generate values for as long as you need them…and they just never end.…So the first is called cycle,…and it does what its name implies,…it cycles over a set of values.…So I have a sequence of names here,…and I'm going to create a cycle iterator by calling…Itertools dot cycle, and I'll give it the sequence of names…
- Truth value testing
- Template strings
- Advanced Python functions
- Advanced collections
- Advanced classes and objects
- Python comprehensions: list, dictionary, and set
Skill Level Advanced
1. Python Language Features
2. Built-In Functions
3. Advanced Python Functions
4. Advanced Collections
5. Advanced Classes and Objects
6. Using Logging
7. Python Comprehensions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.