Learn about creating an object for scraping the web.
- [Instructor] Let's look at web scraping with Python.…I'm about to show you how to scrape data from the internet,…but before jumping in, let me give you a brief introduction…to web scraping by explaining how it's useful.…Imagine you're a small business owner and you've got a blog.…You decide that you want to create a new resources page,…and on that page you want to include…every link from your blog.…What would you do?…Go through each page of the blog manually…and pull all of the links?…That would take a lot of time.…What you could do is use Python…to go through your blog for you,…and extract every link from every page.…
That way, you could just copy and paste…the links onto your new resource page,…and it would be a lot more efficient.…Popular use cases for web scraping that I've seen include…ecommerce store automation, hydrological analysis,…emergency resource allocation,…and oil and gas production intel.…In the coding demonstration that's coming up,…I'm going to teach you about objects in BeautifulSoup,…and how to work with them.…
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Getting started with Jupyter Notebooks
- Visualizing data: basic charts, time series, and statistical plots
- Preparing for analysis: treating missing values and data transformation
- Data analysis basics: arithmetic, summary statistics, and correlation analysis
- Outlier analysis: univariate, multivariate, and linear projection methods
- Introduction to machine learning
- Basic machine learning methods: linear and logistic regression, Naïve Bayes
- Reducing dataset dimensionality with PCA
- Clustering and classification: k-means, hierarchical, and k-NN
- Simulating a social network with NetworkX
- Creating Plot.ly charts
- Scraping the web with Beautiful Soup
Skill Level Beginner
1. Data Munging Basics
2. Data Visualization Basics
3. Basic Math and Statistics
4. Dimensionality Reduction
Explanatory factor analysis6m 39s
5. Outlier Analysis
6. Cluster Analysis
7. Network Analysis with NetworkX
8. Basic Algorithmic Learning
9. Web-based Data Visualizations with Plotly
10. Web Scraping with Beautiful Soup
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.