The wxPython library does not ship with Python, so in order to use it, you first have to install it.
- [Instructor] Hey, there.…In the previous section,…we saw internationalized and tested our Python GUI.…This is Section nine,…Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library.…First, we will install the wxPython library.…Then, we'll create a simple wxPython GUI…and add controls to it.…We will try to connect both the tkinter base GUIs…we developed in this course…with the new wxPython library.…
If things don't work out using…these two GUI toolkits in unison,…we will attempt to use Python to solve any problems.…We will use inter process communication,…ICP, within Python,…to make sure that our Python code…works as we want it to work.…Now, we move on to the first video of this section…that deals with installing the wxPython library.…This video will show us where…and how to find the right version to install…to the match both the installed version of Python…and the operating system we are running.…
There exists two versions of this library,…classic and a new one called Phoenix.…We're using the Phoenix version…of wxPython in this section.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
Python GUI Development with Tkinterwith Barron Stone4h 55m Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.