Learn how to install NAPALM.
- [Tutor] Just booted up a previous topology. And my Ubuntu pc has been given this ip address by the NetCloud. So I can ping google.com. So now let's intall NAPALM. The first thing I need to do is do an apt-get update. To update all references. I've made the installation process available as part of this course.
But I'll walk you through the installation process. The next step is to install python. I then need to install some additional software. Such as build-essential. So you just need to wait for that installation to complete. We have to install python-pip. To install NAPALM so I'm gonna install python-pip. We then need to install cryptography.
Because we are gonna be using iOS in devices we need to install netmiko. So I'm gonna use pip install netmiko to install netmiko. And I'm gonna install NAPALM. I'm gonna upgrade pip at this point, cause I'm told that I've got an older version of pip. So install an upgraded version of pip. And then I'm gonna install NAPALM, by using the command pip install NAPALM.
You don't have to install every vender using NAPALM. You can limit the number of venders that you install. And in this example simply gonna install everything to keep the installation process simple. As you can see various NAPALM components are now installed. So that's how you install NAPALM. Here are the steps to install NAPALM. I've added them into the course, so you can use this as a reference.
So again, that's how you install NAPALM. You need to follow these steps. And now that NAPALM is installed, we can use python to create strips.
- Connecting to a switch using NAPALM
- Using JSON with NAPALM
- Using NAPALM to retrieve BGP neighbors
- Connecting to multiple BGP routers
- Automating large BGP networks
- Configuring ACLs using NAPALM
- Auditing your device configurations