Learn about the installation process on Linux machines. This can be extended to installing on embedded systems like the Intel Edison or Raspberry Pi, and is similar to the installation process you can use without a package manager on OS X, or on pre-compiled Windows builds. In this video, learn about installing OpenCV on Ubuntu 16.04.
- [Instructor] This module will cover…the installation process on Linux machines…for OpenCV 3 and Python three.…This can be extended to installing on embedded…systems like the Intel Edison or Raspberry Pi,…or any other system where you want to…natively compile the source code yourself.…In this case, we're showing how to install…on a Debian based systems.…Specifically, Ubuntu 16 version four.…While the instructions may variate slightly…between different systems, the overall steps…will be largely the same.…So the first step is to open up a terminal.…And then, it a good practice to make sure…that all your systems and programs are up to date.…
We can make sure of this by using sudo, apt, get, update.…Enter your admin password if needed.…And then after running apt, get update,…we'll run sudo, apt,…get upgrade.…If you had any new software packages to install,…it would do so at that time.…Next, we're going to start compiling and bringing…in some of the key libraries used by OpenCV 3.…Firstly, we're going to install some of the prerequisites…
AuthorPatrick W. Crawford
- Installing and configuring OpenCV
- Data types and structures
- Image types
- Manipulating pixels
- Scaling and rotating images
- Using video inputs
- Creating custom interfaces
- Object detection
- Face and feature detection
- Template matching
Skill Level Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
Python: Programming Efficientlywith Michele Vallisneri2h 15m Intermediate
1. Install and Configure OpenCV
2. Basic Image Operations
3. Object Detection
4. Face and Feature Detection
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.