This video will cover the installation process on Linux machines. This can be extended to installing on embedded systems like the Intel Edison or Raspberry Pi, and is similar to the installation process one can use without a package manager on OSX or pre-compiled windows builds. Here we specifically showcase installing opencv on Ubuntu 16.04
- [Instructor] Having installed all the…required dependencies for OpenCV 3,…we can now start to compile from source.…To do this, we're going to first download…and clone two git repositories.…The first one will be an additional…contribution repository for OpenCV and then…we will download the OpenCV repository itself.…For this we'll use git clone…https://github.com/Itseez/…opencv_contrib.git.…
Once the git clone has completed, we can now…CD into the directory that was created.…CD opencv_contrib, and now we're…going to specifically check out the…version of OpenCV you want to install.…In this case, git checkout 3.2.0,…as will be used for this course.…You will note that it says we are…in a detached HEAD state, meaning…we're looking at the 3.2 release.…If you pull from master, you may be compiling…against not fully tested or completed features.…
Next, we're going to go back up one level using CD ../…and we're going to download our next repository,…which is the main repository for OpenCV.…Using git clone, we'll download…
AuthorPatrick W. Crawford
- Installing and configuring OpenCV
- Data types and structures
- Image types
- Manipulating pixels
- Scaling and rotating images
- Using video inputs
- Creating custom interfaces
- Object detection
- Face and feature detection
- Template matching
Skill Level Intermediate
Python: Programming Efficientlywith Michele Vallisneri2h 15m Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
1. Install and Configure OpenCV
2. Basic Image Operations
3. Object Detection
4. Face and Feature Detection
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.