Learn about installing Anaconda on OS X.
- [Michele] For this course, we need an up-to-date…installation of Python 3 and a few third party packages,…including the standard scientific stack:…Jupyter notebook, NumPy, SciPy, and Matplotlib,…and statistics packages pandas, statsmodels, and PyMC3.…We will also be using a standard spreadsheet application.…I will use Microsoft Excel, but you can just as well use…Apple Numbers, Google Sheets, or something else.…
If you are an experienced Python user…and you know how to install extra packages,…you are free to do so.…Otherwise, I suggest you follow me…and install the free Anaconda Python distribution,…which includes everything that we need.…To install, we'll go to the anaconda.org website,…we find the link for downloading,…we scroll down to our platform of choice,…and we select the graphical installer…for the Python 3.6 version of Anaconda.…
Indeed, Python version 3.…Although Python 2 is still a useful tool…and it is still supported by the Python Software Foundation,…there is no reason now not to use Python 3,…
- Installing and setting up Python
- Importing and cleaning data
- Visualizing data
- Describing distributions and categorical variables
- Using basic statistical inference and modeling techniques
- Bayesian inference
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Installation and Setup
2. Importing and Cleaning Data
3. Visualizing and Describing Data
4. Introduction to Statistical Inference
5. Introduction to Statistical Modeling
Next steps1m 55s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.