Images come in various file formats and color profiles. It is important to understand the color space you are working in, and in many cases, it will be useful to transform from one space to another—such as from full color to black and white, and from BGR to other formats, like HSV. This module shows how to check and modify image color profiles.
- [Instructor] Images come in various file formats…and color profiles.…It is important to understand…the color space you're working in,…and in many case,…it will be useful to transform from one space to another,…such as from full color to black and white,…or from RGB to Hue Saturation and Value.…For this module we're again going to be working…in the script editor.…To begin we will import numpy as np.…And then import cv2.…And then we're going to load in a new image,…which is our butterfly.…We're going to type color equals cv2 dot imread.…
Then in quotations we're going to type buttefly.…Dot jpeg.…Then we're going to explicitly specify…a value of one just to remind ourselves…that we're loading in with full color.…Note that if you didn't have the one…it would still be the default behavior.…Next let's take a look at the image immediately…by using cv2 dot imshow…and in quotations we'll call this image.…And then we'll pass in our color image.…Finally, we're going to explicitly set the window…to be cv2 dot move Window.…
Note the capitalized W.…
AuthorPatrick W. Crawford
- Installing and configuring OpenCV
- Data types and structures
- Image types
- Manipulating pixels
- Scaling and rotating images
- Using video inputs
- Creating custom interfaces
- Object detection
- Face and feature detection
- Template matching
Skill Level Intermediate
Python: Programming Efficientlywith Michele Vallisneri2h 15m Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
1. Install and Configure OpenCV
2. Basic Image Operations
3. Object Detection
4. Face and Feature Detection
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.