Join Patrick W. Crawford for an in-depth discussion in this video Haar cascading, part of OpenCV for Python Developers.
- [Narrator] Before we jump into creating stable…face detection, let's take a moment to understand…a Haar cascade classifiers,…a form of future-based machine learning.…It works by first training a classifier…with set of labeled positive and negatives.…Or in other words, indicating to the classifier that these…are sets of images that have faces…and these are sets of images that don't have faces.…This classifier then learns from the set by understanding…and extracting features from all the images.…For example, it may naturally learn that the region…of the eye is as typically darker than the region…of the cheeks below and may use that as one of its…thousands of indicators that help understand whether not…a particular region of interest, or ROI, is a face or not.…
After the training is completed,…and a classifier is defined, we use the classifier in a…cascaded manner to run through all the feature checks.…This cascade method works like a waterfall,…where you apply the fastest and most general checks first…in order to quickly rule out areas…
AuthorPatrick W. Crawford
- Installing and configuring OpenCV
- Data types and structures
- Image types
- Manipulating pixels
- Scaling and rotating images
- Using video inputs
- Creating custom interfaces
- Object detection
- Face and feature detection
- Template matching
Skill Level Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
Python: Programming Efficientlywith Michele Vallisneri2h 15m Intermediate
1. Install and Configure OpenCV
2. Basic Image Operations
3. Object Detection
4. Face and Feature Detection
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.