Functions in Python are first class objects; this means that they are objects, and they each have a type, as well as a behavior. In this video, the author teaches you how to use functools.partial, function factories, and closures.
- [Instructor] In functional programming,…our main concern is not defining objects,…but managing the flow of data between functions.…One advantage of functional programming,…is that within limits, functional code is formally provable.…The correctness of its results,…can be established by analyzing it.…Also, like object-oriented programming,…functional programming helps you break problems into blocks,…and write code that is modular, composable,…debuggable, and testable.…
In this video, I will show you that in Python…functions are first-class objects,…a key feature in functional languages.…That is, functions are like any other object,…in that they can be passed as arguments to other functions,…they can be assigned to variables,…and included in lists, and so on.…I will also show you how to obtain…a derived function, known as partial,…where some of the arguments of the original function…are fixed to certain values.…Finally, I will show you how to…define higher-order functions,…that define, or modify, functions.…
Throughout the video, we'll use our turtles…
- Designing efficient loops
- Exploiting Python collections
- Writing Pythonic code
- Choosing the best libraries for your tasks
- Downloading webpages with requests
- Parsing HTML with Beautiful Soup
- Manipulating images with Pillow
- Making videos and drawing on maps with matplotlib
- Serving webpages with Jinja2 and Flask
- Working with Python classes
- Taking advantage of functional techniques
- Profiling CPU and memory use
- Exploiting parallelism
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Python Web Penetration Testingwith Christian Martorella2h 49m Intermediate
1. Installation and Setup
Jupyter notebooks3m 19s
2. Writing Python Efficiently
3. Exploiting Python Libraries
4. Advanced: Python Object-Oriented and Functional Programming
5. Introduction to Performance Optimization in Python
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.