In this video, the author teaches you about function decorators and how to use them. Then, learn about the map, filter, and reduce functions. Finally, the author shows you how to create lambda functions.
- [Instructor] Function decorators…are a feature a Python that seems mysterious to many.…But, in fact, in this chapter, we've already seen…all that we need to understand them.…Decorators are high order functions,…which take a function and return another,…and which are applied to functions using a short hand.…In this video, we learn how to write function decorators.…We also look as some useful decorators…available in the functools module.…And we conclude the overview of functional Python,…by discussing the built-ins map, filter,…reduce, as well as lamda.…
So, let's start by importing all the packages…and modules for this chapter.…Decorators become useful when we want to modify…several functions in the same way.…For instance, for the blocking purposes,…we may wish to print out the elements of a function…whenever it's called.…We can certainly do that by adding a print statement…to the function itself.…But, we can do it in a more economical way,…by creating a reusable decorator.…We'll call it print arts.…It will take as it's sole argument, a function,…
- Designing efficient loops
- Exploiting Python collections
- Writing Pythonic code
- Choosing the best libraries for your tasks
- Downloading webpages with requests
- Parsing HTML with Beautiful Soup
- Manipulating images with Pillow
- Making videos and drawing on maps with matplotlib
- Serving webpages with Jinja2 and Flask
- Working with Python classes
- Taking advantage of functional techniques
- Profiling CPU and memory use
- Exploiting parallelism
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Python Web Penetration Testingwith Christian Martorella2h 49m Intermediate
1. Installation and Setup
Jupyter notebooks3m 19s
2. Writing Python Efficiently
3. Exploiting Python Libraries
4. Advanced: Python Object-Oriented and Functional Programming
5. Introduction to Performance Optimization in Python
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.