Learn how to set plot formatting—colors, styles, and markers.
- [Instructor] It's time to talk about formatting your plot.…Well-formatted plots are easier…to interpret at a passing glance.…In this section, I'm going to show you…how to define custom plot colors,…line styles, and marker styles.…The reason I think this is important to show you…is that enhancing chart colors and markers…can help you convey a point in a way…that is visually easier to understand.…Just think.…If all the slices of a pie chart had the same color,…the chart would be meaningless.…And if all the lines in the line chart were the same color…and used the same markers,…you wouldn't be able to decipher one from the other…and the chart would have no meaning.…
Matplotlib offers colors, line styles,…and marker style options to help you build clarity…into your data visualization.…The plotting library has colors specified out by name,…where you can just write in the name…of the color that you want…or for even more customization,…you can just pass in the hex code…of the color you'd like to use.…Matplotlib also offers custom line styles,…
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Getting started with Jupyter Notebooks
- Visualizing data: basic charts, time series, and statistical plots
- Preparing for analysis: treating missing values and data transformation
- Data analysis basics: arithmetic, summary statistics, and correlation analysis
- Outlier analysis: univariate, multivariate, and linear projection methods
- Introduction to machine learning
- Basic machine learning methods: linear and logistic regression, Naïve Bayes
- Reducing dataset dimensionality with PCA
- Clustering and classification: k-means, hierarchical, and k-NN
- Simulating a social network with NetworkX
- Creating Plot.ly charts
- Scraping the web with Beautiful Soup
Skill Level Beginner
1. Data Munging Basics
2. Data Visualization Basics
3. Basic Math and Statistics
4. Dimensionality Reduction
Explanatory factor analysis6m 39s
5. Outlier Analysis
6. Cluster Analysis
7. Network Analysis with NetworkX
8. Basic Algorithmic Learning
9. Web-based Data Visualizations with Plotly
10. Web Scraping with Beautiful Soup
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.