Learn how to filter and select data.
- [Instructor] The first thing we're going to talk about…today is filtering and selecting data with Pandas.…But before going into the lesson,…I want to just give you a brief recap…of the Pandas library and some essential basics…about using Python.…Pandas is useful for its fast data cleansing preparation…and analysis capabilities.…It's easy to use for data visualization…and machine learning.…Pandas is actually built on top of the NumPy library…and it makes it easy to work with arrays and matrices.…
Arrays and matrices are called Series…and DataFrames in Pandas.…Throughout this course, we're going to consistently…be using the NumPy and Pandas library.…I want to give you a brief refresher on indexing…and what is an index because it's really important…for this lesson.…An index is a list of integers or labels…you use to uniquely identify rows or columns.…In this course, we're going to be indexing…using square brackets or the special field .ix indexer.…
I also want to give you a brief recap…of what a DataFrame object is.…
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Getting started with Jupyter Notebooks
- Visualizing data: basic charts, time series, and statistical plots
- Preparing for analysis: treating missing values and data transformation
- Data analysis basics: arithmetic, summary statistics, and correlation analysis
- Outlier analysis: univariate, multivariate, and linear projection methods
- Introduction to machine learning
- Basic machine learning methods: linear and logistic regression, Naïve Bayes
- Reducing dataset dimensionality with PCA
- Clustering and classification: k-means, hierarchical, and k-NN
- Simulating a social network with NetworkX
- Creating Plot.ly charts
- Scraping the web with Beautiful Soup
Skill Level Beginner
1. Data Munging Basics
2. Data Visualization Basics
3. Basic Math and Statistics
4. Dimensionality Reduction
Explanatory factor analysis6m 39s
5. Outlier Analysis
6. Cluster Analysis
7. Network Analysis with NetworkX
8. Basic Algorithmic Learning
9. Web-based Data Visualizations with Plotly
10. Web Scraping with Beautiful Soup
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.