In this video, learn how to define a derived class. The author also demonstrates method polymorphism.
- [Narrator] In the last video,…I have two key features of Object-Oriented Programming.…Abstraction, replacing the actual implementation…of turtle life inside the classes turtle and terrarium…while exposing only an intuitive interface,…and Encapsulation, by collecting the valuables…that describe a turtle state…in such abuse of the class turtle…and the function that implement the turtles movements…as the methods of the class turtle.…In this video, I will explore two other key principles…of Object-Oriented Programming,…Inheritance and Polymorphism/Dynamic Dispatch.…
By creating derived classes…that for the most part behave as turtle,…but that redefine certain methods…to display more interesting behavior.…Or even add entirely new methods.…We will learn how to define derived classes…from a base class, how to call base-class methods,…and how to add members to a class after it has been defined.…Let me start by importing all packages.…We'll continue with our turtles.…So, for our convenience, I have placed our class definitions…
- Designing efficient loops
- Exploiting Python collections
- Writing Pythonic code
- Choosing the best libraries for your tasks
- Downloading webpages with requests
- Parsing HTML with Beautiful Soup
- Manipulating images with Pillow
- Making videos and drawing on maps with matplotlib
- Serving webpages with Jinja2 and Flask
- Working with Python classes
- Taking advantage of functional techniques
- Profiling CPU and memory use
- Exploiting parallelism
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Installation and Setup
Jupyter notebooks3m 19s
2. Writing Python Efficiently
3. Exploiting Python Libraries
4. Advanced: Python Object-Oriented and Functional Programming
5. Introduction to Performance Optimization in Python
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.