- Exponentials, radicals, and logarithms
- Performing arithmetic operations on polynomials
- Rates of change
- Using derivatives to analyze functions
- Multiplying vectors and matrices
- Solving systems of equations with matrices
- Visualizing data
- Confidence intervals
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi and welcome to this course on essential mathematics. I'm Graham Malcolm and I'll be your guide as we explore some core mathematical concepts, techniques, and notation that you're going to find useful if you want to work with machine learning and AI. Now the first thing you should know is that I'm not a mathematician and this course is not designed to make you one either. Instead, this course focuses on some essential mathematical foundations on which machine learning and artificial intelligence are built. We'll start off with some basic algebra to get started with equations and functions. Then we'll dive into some differential calculus to explore derivatives and optimization. Next we'll look at some linear algebra and cover vectors and matrices before finally getting to grips with some statistics and probability. To if, like me, it's been a while since you studied math at school, this course is designed to help you get up to speed on the key concepts and notation on which machine learning and AI are based.
Preparing for the labs2m 45s
1. Equations, Graphs, and Functions
2. Derivatives and Optimization
3. Vectors and Matrices
4. Statistics and Probability
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.