Both the wxPython and the Tkinter libraries have their own advantages. We'll see what they are by embedding the GUIs into each other.
- [Instructor] Previously, we added controls to our GUI.…Using wxPython.…This video will embed our GUIs created…using both Tkinter and wxPython into each other.…In this video we will try to embed a simple…wxPython GUI by calling it from our Tkinter GUI.…Then we'll go vice versa.…By first creating a GUI using wxPython…and then creating several GUI instances.…
Built using Tkinter.…Now, that we have created the same GUI…using both the Pythons built in Tkinter library…as well as the wxPython wrapper of the wx widgets library.…We really do need to combine the GUIs we've created…using these technologies.…Both the wxPython and the Tkinter libraries…have their own advantages.…In online forums, such as StackOverflow.com,…we often see questions such as.…
Which one is better?…Which GUI tool kit should I use?…This suggests that we have to make an either or decision.…We do not have to make such a decision.…One of the main challenges in doing so…is that each GUI tool kit has to have its own event loop.…Here, we will reuse the Tkinter GUI we built…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
Python GUI Development with Tkinterwith Barron Stone4h 55m Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.