Learn how to draw on Folium map using markers. You can display a route on the map with styled markers and give each marker a popup displaying the time. You can also learn how to format time as a string.
- [Teacher] Now let's draw to track on the map.…We start by placing one simple marker.…I'll go back to the same code here,…and then I'll pick a row.…Row = df.iloc 321,…and then, the marker…is folium.CircleMarker,…and the location will be row of longitude…and row.latitude.…In the final step, we need to tell the marker…"add to the map",…and display.…
That's a really big marker.…Let's try something a bit smaller.…So, we'll go back to the code,…and let's say the radius is 5, and run it again.…If you look now, we have a marker here in the middle.…We can do some styling.…For example, we can say that color = red,…and then run it,…and now our marker has a red color.…Another nice thing we can do is add a pop up.…
So, again, we'll go here…and we'll say "popup = 'Hi There'", and run.…Now when we click on our marker,…we will see the popup.…There are several styles of markers in Folium,…and the popup can be any HTML.…Check out the folium documentation for more details.…Now that we know how to place one marker on a map,…let's throw the entire track on the map.…
- Working with Jupyter notebooks
- Using code cells
- Extensions to the Python language
- Markdown cells
- Editing notebooks
- NumPy basics
- Broadcasting, array operations, and ufuncs
- Folium and Geo
- Machine learning with scikit-learn
- Plotting with matplotlib and bokeh
- Branching into Numba, Cython, deep learning, and NLP
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Scientific Python Overview
2. The Jupyter Notebook
3. NumPy Basics
Manage environments5m 11s
6. Folium and Geo
7. NY Taxi Data
10. Other Packages
11. Development Process
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.