The aim of this video is to download Python modules that you need for creating Matplotlib charts.
- [Instructor] In the previous video…we looked at creating beautiful charts…using Matplotlib with the help of a Matplotlib website.…In this video we'll take a look…at downloading Python modules using pip…after that we'll download some more modules…with the whl extension.…The usual way to download additional python modules…is by using pip,…the pip module comes pre-installed…with the latest version of python 3.4 and above.…
If you are using an older version of python…you might have to download…both pip and setup tools yourself.…In addition to using the Python installer…there's several other pre-compiled Windows executables…that make it easy for us to install Python modules…such as Matplotlib.…This video will show how to successfully install Matplotlib…via a Windows executable as well as using pip.…In order to install the additional modules…that the Matplotlib library requires,…all we need to do to download the required Python modules…to use the Matplotlib module…is to have a python release of 3.4 or later…installed on our PC.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
Python GUI Development with Tkinterwith Barron Stone4h 55m Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.