In this video, learn how to download webpages with simple URLs and GET requests.
- [Instructor] In today's computing environment,…it is extremely important to be able to draw from…resources published on the web,…and to interface seamlessly with web services.…Python offers several packages to operate on the web.…Both in a standard library,…and among third party offerings.…Among them, the package known as Requests…stands apart for its power and user-friendliness.…Requests' motto is "HTTP for humans."…And indeed, where other packages require…complex (mumbles) sequent handshakes,…Requests offers a simple and consistent interface.…
Let's see it in action.…We start by importing all packages for this chapter.…Throughout the chapter,…we will work with photographic images…taken by NASA Mars Rover Curiosity,…which landed inside Gale Crater on Mars…on August 6, 2012.…We can reach these images from the Curiosity website.…We select Menu, Multimedia, Raw Images.…And we will use images from the stereoscopic…Front Hazard Avoidance Camera.…
They appear to be sorted by day.…Let's click on one and see it.…This page presents us with several images,…
- Designing efficient loops
- Exploiting Python collections
- Writing Pythonic code
- Choosing the best libraries for your tasks
- Downloading webpages with requests
- Parsing HTML with Beautiful Soup
- Manipulating images with Pillow
- Making videos and drawing on maps with matplotlib
- Serving webpages with Jinja2 and Flask
- Working with Python classes
- Taking advantage of functional techniques
- Profiling CPU and memory use
- Exploiting parallelism
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Installation and Setup
Jupyter notebooks3m 19s
2. Writing Python Efficiently
3. Exploiting Python Libraries
4. Advanced: Python Object-Oriented and Functional Programming
5. Introduction to Performance Optimization in Python
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.