Join Jungwoo Ryoo for an in-depth discussion in this video Domain-specific patterns, part of Python: Advanced Design Patterns.
- [Instructor] Many of design patterns are…general-purpose.…However, some focus on more specific areas of…stakeholder concerns.…We call these domain-specific design patterns.…Here the term domain refers to…a context in which a set of design patterns…are particularly relevant and useful.…Examples of domains include real-time,…human-computer interface, or HCI,…core J2EE patterns,…security, et cetera.…
Here, one of the context that make design patterns…domain specific is areas of applications…such as real-time and HCI.…The other context type centers around…certain tools or platforms…as in the case of core J2EE patterns.…Another context is a quality attribute…like security.…Domain-neutral patterns are intentionally left abstract…to maximize its coverage,…but they require further refinement…in order to be applied…to solve a concrete problem.…
Therefore, the advantage of using domain-specific…patterns is their ease of adaption…due to the fact that…they're already customized and optimized…to work well with an application area,…
- Architectural vs. design patterns
- Why use design patterns?
- Design best practices
- Domain-specific patterns and security patterns
- Gang of Four design patterns
- Command, Mediator, and State
- Template method
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Python and Django (2015)with Caleb Smith1h 11m Intermediate
Programming Foundations: Design Patternswith Elisabeth Robson2h 19m Intermediate
1. Understanding Design Patterns: Review
2. Design Best Practices
3. Gang of Four (GoF) Patterns, Part 1
4. Gang of Four (GoF) Patterns, Part 2
Next steps1m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.