In this video, learn about a text corpus.
- [Instructor] A document is a key entity … that is used in the text mining world. … Text processing software libraries … receive and process documents. … Let us define the term document. … A document is a collection of sentences … that represent a specific fact or entity. … Examples of a document include a product review, … a log file produced by a software instance, … a blog entry, or a tweet. … Documents can be big or small, … but every document contains text about a specific context. … A document contains paragraphs, sentences, and words. … The definition of these terms … is the same as the English language. … For comparison's sake, … a document can be said to be an equivalent of a row … or record in the database. … Similar to how a record contains relevant information … about an entity, a document contains relevant text. … The scope of a document can vary from case to case. … For example, an individual tweet … can be considered a document, … or a set of tweets containing a specific hashtag …
- Text mining today
- Reading text files using Python
- Cleansing text data
- Build n-grams databases for text predictions
- Preparing TF-IDF matrices for machine learning
- Scaling text processing for performance
Skill Level Intermediate
Processing Text with R Essential Trainingwith Kumaran Ponnambalam55m 57s Intermediate
1. Text Mining
2. Reading Text
3. Text Cleansing and Extraction
4. Advanced Text Processing
5. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.