You need to test your code both in the design and implementation stages. Here's how to do it.
- [Instructor] In the previous video…we designed the GUI in an agile fashion.…We're looking at testing our code in this video.…We will test the GUI we've created…in recent videos and sections.…We will also see some simple examples…of what can go wrong and why we need to keep testing…our code and the code we do call via APIs.…Testing our software is an important activity…during the coding phase as well as…re-releasing service packs or bug fixes.…
There are different levels of testing.…The first level is developer testing…which often starts with the compiler or interpreter…not letting us run our buggy code,…forcing us to test small parts of our code…on the level of individual methods.…This is the first level of defense.…A second level of coding defensively,…is when our source code control system tells us…about some conflicts to be resolved…and does not let us check in our modified code.…This is very useful and absolutely necessary…when we work professionally in a team of developers.…
The source code control system is our friend…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
Python GUI Development with Tkinterwith Barron Stone4h 55m Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.