In this video, the author shows you how to define a Python class. Then, learn about constructors, data members, and methods.
- [Instructor] Python takes a very easygoing,…yet powerful approach to object-oriented…and functional programming.…This makes it easy to start using these techniques,…but gives you great flexibility and power,…once you move beyond the basics.…In class-based object-oriented languages,…such as Python, individual objects are…instances of classes, much like individual animals…are representatives of a species.…The class defines data members…and behaviors common to all instances.…Each instance has its own identity.…
It is created and eventually destroyed,…and it holds its own data values.…The data elements of an object are known as attributes,…while associated functions are known as methods.…So we could call a method on an instance, and the method…would naturally use the instance's attributes.…Of course, we have already used classes…and instances in this course, when we worked…with the objects defined by third-party packages.…In this video, we see how to create…simple classes in Python, how to write…the initializer, and how to refer…
- Designing efficient loops
- Exploiting Python collections
- Writing Pythonic code
- Choosing the best libraries for your tasks
- Downloading webpages with requests
- Parsing HTML with Beautiful Soup
- Manipulating images with Pillow
- Making videos and drawing on maps with matplotlib
- Serving webpages with Jinja2 and Flask
- Working with Python classes
- Taking advantage of functional techniques
- Profiling CPU and memory use
- Exploiting parallelism
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Installation and Setup
Jupyter notebooks3m 19s
2. Writing Python Efficiently
3. Exploiting Python Libraries
4. Advanced: Python Object-Oriented and Functional Programming
5. Introduction to Performance Optimization in Python
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.