The aim of this video is to internationalize your GUI by changing the window's title from English to another language.
- [Instructor] Hello, welcome to a brand new section.…The previous section took us through…storing data in R MySQL database.…We will talk about internationalization…and testing in this section.…Specifically, we'll display widget text…in different languages.…Then, we'll change the entire GUI language all at once.…After that, we'll localize the GUI.…We'll then prepare it for internationalization.…We'll talk about designing a GUI in an agile fashion…and if we need to test the GUI code.…
Then we'll see how to set up debug watches.…We'll look at configuring different debug output levels.…We'll create self-testing code and write unit tests.…This is the first video,…Displaying Widget Text in Different Languages.…In this video we will start to internationalize our GUI…by changing the window's title…from English to another language.…We will expand the window's title string,…move the GUI title string into a new module…and define it in two languages.…
After that, we'll modify the init method of our class…to select which language to display.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
Python GUI Development with Tkinterwith Barron Stone4h 55m Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.