As your code grows in complexity, you might want to refactor your functions into methods of a class. Learn how it's done.
Previously, we saw how to represent…Unicode characters in our GUI.…This is the fifth video,…"Designing a GUI in an Agile Fashion".…Here, we will first improve readability of our code…by grouping related import statements.…We'll next, break out the call back methods…into their own class and module,…in order to further reduce the complexity of our code.…The modern agile software development approach…to designing coding came out of the lessons learned…by software professionals.…
This method applies to a GUI,…as much as to any other code.…One of the main keys of agile software development,…is the continuously applied process of refactoring.…One practical example of how refactoring our code…can help us in our software development work,…is by first implementing…some simple functionality using functions.…As our code grows in complexity,…we might want to refactor our functions…into methods of a class.…This approach, will enable us…to remove global variables…and also be more flexible about…where inside the class we place methods.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
Python GUI Development with Tkinterwith Barron Stone4h 55m Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.