In this video, the author helps you master the basic for loop. Learn about convenient iterators, such as range, enumerate, zip, reversed, and sorted; as well as how to read through a file. Finally, learn how to avoid loops using builtins such as any, or a
- [Instructor] I'd like to tell you about…the structure of Python loops and about…the powerful underlying notion of iterators.…In this video, we will also talk about…parsing files line by line, using derived iterators,…such as range, enumerate, zip, reversed, and more,…and about using the most sophisticated derived iterators…in the Itertools module.…I start by importing all the Python modules…that we use in this chapter.…As we mentioned briefly in the last video,…Python loops are much simpler than C loops.…
It's not just a question of syntax.…We don't have to take care of initializing a counter,…updating it, and checking its value to see…if we need to drop out of the loop.…Python loops express a more general and simpler concept,…operating individually on the elements of a sequence.…Let's take as an example the Fibonacci numbers,…a sequence where each number is the sum…of the two preceding ones.…So it goes one, one, two, three, five, eight,…13, 21, 34, 55.…
I'll make a list out of this.…Fibonacci numbers appear in many situations in nature,…
- Designing efficient loops
- Exploiting Python collections
- Writing Pythonic code
- Choosing the best libraries for your tasks
- Downloading webpages with requests
- Parsing HTML with Beautiful Soup
- Manipulating images with Pillow
- Making videos and drawing on maps with matplotlib
- Serving webpages with Jinja2 and Flask
- Working with Python classes
- Taking advantage of functional techniques
- Profiling CPU and memory use
- Exploiting parallelism
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Python Web Penetration Testingwith Christian Martorella2h 49m Intermediate
1. Installation and Setup
Jupyter notebooks3m 19s
2. Writing Python Efficiently
3. Exploiting Python Libraries
4. Advanced: Python Object-Oriented and Functional Programming
5. Introduction to Performance Optimization in Python
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.