Learn how to set plot elements—axis, ticks, and grid.
- [Narrator] Now you're going to learn about defining…plot elements and mat plot lib.…Plot elements add context to your plot,…so the plot effectively conveys meaning to its viewers.…You set axis limits to make sure…your chart is well fit to your data graphing.…You set axis tick marks and plot grids to make it easier…and faster for viewers to interpret your chart at a glance.…You can use sub plots to visually compare changes in data…values under different conditions, like in different…seasons, different locations, or in different years.…
Adding plot elements is an essential…part of object oriented plotting.…We discussed functional plotting in chapter 2.1.…Now it's time to go over object oriented plotting.…With this method, you generate a blank figure,…and then populate that figure…with an axis and plot elements.…There are four simple steps to object oriented plotting.…The first is to create a blank figure object.…The second is to add axes to the object,…then you generate a plot within the figure object,…and lastly, you specify plotting and layout parameters…
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Getting started with Jupyter Notebooks
- Visualizing data: basic charts, time series, and statistical plots
- Preparing for analysis: treating missing values and data transformation
- Data analysis basics: arithmetic, summary statistics, and correlation analysis
- Outlier analysis: univariate, multivariate, and linear projection methods
- Introduction to machine learning
- Basic machine learning methods: linear and logistic regression, Naïve Bayes
- Reducing dataset dimensionality with PCA
- Clustering and classification: k-means, hierarchical, and k-NN
- Simulating a social network with NetworkX
- Creating Plot.ly charts
- Scraping the web with Beautiful Soup
Skill Level Beginner
1. Data Munging Basics
2. Data Visualization Basics
3. Basic Math and Statistics
4. Dimensionality Reduction
Explanatory factor analysis6m 39s
5. Outlier Analysis
6. Cluster Analysis
7. Network Analysis with NetworkX
8. Basic Algorithmic Learning
9. Web-based Data Visualizations with Plotly
10. Web Scraping with Beautiful Soup
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.